Paws Abilities Dog Training and
Minnesota School of Business present:
Canine Body Language, Fear, and Aggression
Learn canine body language, and how to talk to dogs so that they can understand you!
presented by Sara Reusche, CVT, CPDT-KA
Friday, July 13th (today!) from 3-5pm
at the Minnesota School of Business
Trainers, groomers, rescue personnel, doggy daycare attendants, and veterinary technicians are often called upon to handle difficult dogs in high-stress environments. This can not only create lifelong behavioral/handling issues in dogs, but can also put you at risk for bites.
This interesting interactive presentation will include lots of photo and video examples of canine body language, and plenty of opportunities to practice the art of “reading” dogs. You will learn:
* Common stress signals that every dog uses.
* How to calm a nervous dog using his own language.
* Why not all wagging tails are friendly.
* When is growling a good thing?
* Working with difficult dogs in a clinical setting.
* Defensive handling for safety and stress reduction.
2 CEUs approved for CVTs and CCPDTs.
Cost: $15 ($10 discount for current MSB students and faculty)
Want to attend? RSVP on the Facebook event page!